- At Ightenhill Nursery School we recognise that attending nursery regularly has a positive impact on learning and progress and therefore the best life chances for children. We will encourage good attendance for all children by offering an environment in which pupils feel valued and part of the nursery community.
- For our children to gain the greatest benefit from their nursery education it is vital that they attend regularly. When children are absent from Nursery School they miss out on a lot of learning and can often feel unsettled when they return.
- Children should be at school, on time, every day the school is open unless the reason for the absence is unavoidable.
- Always let us know as soon as possible if your child cannot attend nursery.
- Attendance is monitored each half term and parents will receive a letter to inform them of their child's attendance. If a child's attendance falls below 85%, agreed targets are put in place and reviewed each half term.
- Each Key Person group's attendance is displayed weekly in the nursery entrance. The group with the highest attendance receive a certificate.
- Children are also awarded certificates for good attendance every half term.
- Please help us to ensure that your child reaches their full potential by ensuring they attend nursery regularly.